Japan Tourist Visa Requirements (For Filipino Students or Applicants with a Guarantor outside Japan)

If you are a student, unemployed, housewives/househusbands, or a freelancer unable to provide ITR, there must be someone in your family who can sponsor your trip.

Is there anyone you know who’s employed and has ITR, Certificate of Employment or DTI Business Permit, and bank certificate? Ask them to help you out. It could be your father, mother, brother, relative, friend, boyfriend, etc.

Here are the requirements and all should be in A4 size paper:

  • Affidavit of Support. Notarized and original. Download the Affidavit of Support template here for students and minors, and here for unemployed or freelancers.
    • IMPORTANT: Guarantee Letter VS Affidavit of Support:
      Guarantee Letter is for visa applicants with a guarantor/sponsor who lives in Japan. While the Affidavit of Support is for visa applicants with a guarantor/sponsor living outside Japan. Both documents are filled out by the guarantor.
  • Bank Certificate of guarantor/sponsor.
  • Income tax return of guarantor/sponsor.
  • Certificate of employment (if any) or DTI Business permit if guarantor/sponsor is self-employed.
  • Photocopy of Passport of guarantor/sponsor.
  • If your guarantor is an OFW: Submit tax exemption form from BIR and photocopy of the employment contract.
  • If you’re a student: Submit Certificate of Enrollment