HOW TO GET TO MT. BATULAO
By Bus: Take a bus that is bound for Nasugbu – Lemery. Inform the conductor that you’ll be going to Mt. Batulao. Exit the bus when you get to Evercrest Golf Course in Lemery, Batangas. Travel time is roughly 2 to 3 hours depending on the traffic.
Once you get to Evercrest, you can either walk or take a tricycle going to the jump-off point which is PHP 20.00 per head. In our case, since we ran out of budget, we have to walk from Evercrest going to the jump-off point.
By Car: Follow the route to Tagatay until you see Evercrest.
- 1.5 to 2 L of water
- Energy drinks (Pocari Sweat or Gatorade)
- Hiking or trekking shoes. Sandals aren’t recommended. It’s very dusty.
- Sun protection (hats, sun block, headgear, sunglasses)
- Hiking gloves (optional but recommended)
- Food (Snack and Lunch)
- Picnic mat
- Huge size Umbrella (optional if you don’t have tent)
- Tent of course
- Cooking equipment
- Prepare PHP 30.00 per head for the camping fee
Price in Php per head
|132.00||Cubao to Evercrest Lemery, Batangas via Jam Liner (one-way)|
|106.00||Evercrest to Pasay LRT (Taft)|
|14.00||LRT Pasay to Cubao|
|100.00||Food and water|
Price in Php per head
|300.00||Tour guide (for the whole group)|
In our case, even if it was our first time hiking (ever) to Mt. Batulao, we didn’t get a tour guide because as I have said, we ran out of budget. Surprisingly, we were able to hike Mt. Batulao without hiring a tour guide. We got lost a lot of times, but thanks to the friendly locals living in the area, we were able to ask them from time to time.
Tour guide costs PHP 300 for the whole group. From there, we were able to save PHP 43.00 each.
1. Do you recommend hiring tour guide?
Yes and No. Yes, if you’re a beginner and not confident of hiking Mt. Batulao by yourself. And by hiring tour guide, you contribute to the lives of children who happened to be your tour guide. Tour guides are aged 9 to 14 years old.
No. Trail is very visible and easy to follow. It’s impossible to get lost once you started ascending. You can just possibly follow other hikers with tour guide.
2. Which trail is harder, the old or new?
3. What is the difficulty level?
4 out of 9.
4. How many hours to ascend and descend?
Ascend: 2 to 3 hours. Descend: 1 to 2 hours.